Top 5 Artists Who Became Millionaires by Selling Their Art As NFTs
NFTs have been in our life for a while now, but their value has always been somewhat elusive. Recently, however, NFTs have started to gain more mainstream attention, and their value has begun to rise.
The value of NFTs lies in their rarity and immutability. Unlike fiat currencies, which can be printed, there is a finite supply of NFTs. For these reasons, many people see NFTs as a safe investment.
In recent months, the NFT market has exploded, with some NFTs selling for millions of dollars.
Collectors and investors are eager to get their hands on trending & valuable NFTs because they believe they will be worthy of a lot of money. NFTs are a new phenomenon, and it remains to be seen how valuable they will become.
NFTs have been making waves in the world of investing, and now they’re starting to create a buzz in the world of art as well. They provide artists with a new way to monetize their work. Rather than selling their artwork outright, they can now sell NFTs that represent their work. This gives artists a new stream of income, and it also provides collectors with a new way to invest in the art world.
So want to know about the artists who became millionaires overnight by selling NFTs? Keep reading and be a part of our community at Discord!
Top 5 Artists Who Made Millions by Selling NFTs
NFTs have become extremely popular with both collectors and creators. Several artists have become millionaires by selling their work as NFTs. Here are five of the most successful artists who have cashed in on the NFT craze:
- Beeple: Beeple, also known as Mike Winkelmann, is an American artist specializing in digital art. He first gained notoriety for his “Everydays” series, consisting of a new digital artwork every day for 5,000 days straight. In December 2020, Beeple sold an NFT (non-fungible token) of one of his pieces for $69 million, making him the third most expensive living artist. The sale was made through the auction house Christie’s, which had never before sold an NFT.
- Pak: Pak is an artist who became a millionaire by selling their art as NFTs. The art has captivated the imagination of the crypto world. Pak’s art is unique and one-of-a-kind, making it perfect for an NFT. In February 2021, Pak sold their first NFT for $1 million, and since then, they have sold multiple pieces of art for high prices. Pak’s success story shows that NFTs are valuable assets.
- FEWOCiOUS: On March 1st, 2021, an artist named FEWOCiOUS made history when he became the first person to sell an NFT-based artwork for over a million dollars. The piece, which was titled “Everydays: The First 5,000 Days”, was sold as an NFT on the Ethereum blockchain for ETH 2,044 (approximately $2.9 million at the time of sale). The sale propelled FEWOCiOUS to overnight fame.
- Edward Snowden: Snowden became a millionaire by selling NFTs of his art. He first started selling NFTs in 2017 and has since made over $1 million in sales. Snowden’s art NFTs have been sold for as much as $100,000 each. His paintings have been exhibited in galleries worldwide, and he has been featured in magazines and newspapers.
- Mad Dog Jones: Rounding out this list is Mad Dog Jones, who sold NFT video game characters for $2.1 million in May 2021. Mad Dog Jones was one of the finest artists to jump on the NFT bandwagon, and his unique style quickly gained popularity among collectors. In just a few short months, he had sold millions of dollars worth of NFTs.
If you’re an artist, it’s time for you to start thinking about how you can sell your work on the blockchain. These five artists have already shown that it’s possible to become a millionaire by selling your art on NFTs. So don’t wait any longer; start investing in this new technology and see your art pieces making the news tomorrow.
Do you have any further questions, let us know in the comments below or DM us on Instagram!